Main Session Papers
- Call for abstracts for main session talks, submission deadline: 30. December 2019
• Authors should only submit abstracts for original research that has not yet been published (or accepted for publication) as a journal article or in an edited volume.
• Abstracts must be no longer than one page (A4) including examples. Formatting should be single-spaced, with 1 inch / 2.54 cm margins, and written in a standard 12-point font.
• Abstracts should contain short descriptions of:
research question, data, methodology (data collection, analysis), results (theoretical and/or empirical).
• Abstracts will undergo double-blind review, so they should not contain first person referencing or other identifying information.
- Notification of acceptance for main session talks: 1. March 2020
- SUBMIT MAIN SESSION ABSTRACT VIA EASY CHAIR.
Workshop proposals and workshop papers
Call for abstracts for workshop talks, submission deadline: 1. February 2020
W1: Establishing phoneme inventories: argumentation and cross-linguistic comparability
- Call for workshop proposals, submission deadline: 10. November 2019
Workshop proposals should include
1) a Call for Abstracts, which can be published immediately after notification of acceptance is given.
2) an A4 page with
• complete name, e-mail and affiliation of the applicants
• title of the proposed workshop
• length of workshop (half or full day)
• description of contents (including short presentation of the goals and existing research, details of possible subjects/topics)
• who the workshop is aimed at (possible audience)
3) Note: Workshop organisers are expected to take responsibility for advertising their workshop (beyond being announced on the NGL 12 conference page), receive submitted workshop papers, have them reviewed and select which submissions should be accepted. (A list of the reviewers used should be sent to the NGL organisers.) Workshop organisers are expected not to submit papers to their own workshop, but can give an introduction or summary.
- Notification of workshop acceptance: 1. December 2019 (followed by opening of the call for the submissions of workshop abstracts)
- Call for abstracts for workshop talks, deadline: 1. February 2020
- Notification of acceptance for workshop talks: 15. March 2020
- SUBMIT WORKSHOP PROPOSAL BY E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org