- Mutual understanding in multilingual interaction (vocabulary-oriented sequences)
- Language learning 'in the wild' (outside pedagogical settings)
- Longitudinal Conversation Analysis
- Multimodal interaction
- Video ethnography
My work experience has been mostly in internal and external communications, PR and journalism. Before I joined MultiLing I was a communications consultant at Gambit Hill+Knowlton Strategies and worked for various clients including Sporveien, Fjord Line and Innovation Norway. From 2015-2017 I was a part of the Public Affairs division of the Royal Norwegian Air Force staff. My key responsibilities included internal communications in the context of major organizational restructuring. During my bachelor's I worked as a journalist for Universitas, Norway's largest student newspaper.
- MA in Rhetorics and communications (2019), University of Oslo.
Exchange: Copenhagen University, Copenhagen.
MA thesis: "Mutual understadning at risk: A multimodal conversation analysis of vocabulary-oriented sequences in second language conversations".
- BA in Media science (2014), University of Oslo.
Exchange: American University (Washington Semester Program), Washington D.C.
Internship: communications assistant in the PR department of the previous music streaming service WiMP Music.
- Gudmundsen, Jenny & Svennevig, Jan (2020). Multimodal displays of understanding in vocabulary-oriented sequences. Social Interaction - Video-Based Studies of Human Sociality. ISSN 2446-3620. 3(2) . doi: 10.7146/si.v3i2.114992 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary