Ulf A. S. Holbrook
- Acoumatic, electroacoustic and algorithmic composition.
- Spatialization methods.
- Ambisonics, 3D audio and wavefield synthesis.
- Music technology.
Ulf A. S. Holbrook is a composer and sound artist with interests in the development of spatio-musical relationships between electroacoustic composition, improvisation and sound art. I develop tools for use in different multichannel systems, which aim at a non-sweet spot, idiosyncratic methodology for working with sound in space.
Self-authored software and processing algorithms are central to my artistic practice. Through this research project I'm exploring and developing tools and methodologies for working with algorithmic systems for the spatialisation of sound and music, as well as exploring the potential multimodal perception these methods can give the listener.
I have a background as a sculptor, carpenter, sound technician and exhibition technician.
- BA (Hons) Fine Art Sculpture, Glasgow School of Art, Scotland (2000-2004).
- MA (Hons) Music Technology, University of Limerick, Ireland (2013-2014).
Borka (Winds), Tiny Portraits series, Flaming Pines, 2017.
From Weederdooper to DuPlessi on “Sonic Mmabolela 2014”, Free Music Archive, 2016.
3 fantasies, mine, all mine! Records, 2008.
31 ballads for email users, Slow Vibration, 2008.
lightning sunbath, Time-Theory Netlabel, 2008.
mam! Records sampler (summer 2008), mine, all mine! records, 2008.
ON, various artists, Dimented Droid Netlabel, 2008.
end sinister, Subeclectic Records, 2008.
taxonomia, Time-Theory Netlabel, 2008.
æther, Time-Theory Netlabel, 2008.
Artifices, Noise-Joy, 2007.
Convergence, Slow Vibration, 2007.
With DUNLOPE HIGHFLEX:
TORI NO KAIGI (ichi), Trente Oiseaux, 2009.
Ep#1, Ep#2, Ep#3, 2013.
- Holbrook, Ulf A. S. (2017). Methods and techniques for stochastic spatialisation - A case of Hot Pocket.
- Holbrook, Ulf A. S. (2017). Sørlandet - EAU-NKFi100.
- Holbrook, Ulf A. S. (2016). Juliusvariasjon.
- Holbrook, Ulf A. S. (2016). Materials.
- Tveit, Anders & Holbrook, Ulf A. S. (2016). REUNION2012: A novel interface for sound producing actions through the game of chess – Adaption for Kyma.
- Holbrook, Ulf A. S. (2014). Invocation of the equivocation: Towards an understanding of noise..