The NorPhLex network focuses on how Scandinavian and Estonian children acquire the words and sounds of their first language, and how children with Danish, Estonian, Norwegian, Sami or Swedish as their second language learn these languages. The full name of the network is Phonological and lexical acquisition in mono- and bilingual children in the Nordic and the Baltic states.
The network includes partners from
- United Kingdom
- Do research on the relationship between phonological and lexical development in mono- and bilingual children in Scandinavia and Estonia.
- Develop Communicative Development Inventories (CDIs) for languages that do not have them (Sami).
- Develop CDI norms for languages that lack them (Sami).
- Develop CDI based assessment tools for bilingual children (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Estonian).
- Make CDI-data more accessible for cross-linguistic research through CLEX.
- Research training
- Ph.D. course 1: Theories in child language research
- Ph.D. course 2: Methodology in child language research