How literature shapes thought and feelings
Literature, Cognition and Emotions (LCE) is an interdisciplinary hub that brings together literary studies, linguistics, psychology and neurosciences in a new conversation about literature.
LCE Master Stipends 2020
Nov. 2, 2020
Is your MA thesis about literature and its cognitive and emotional dimensions? Then you can apply for a stipend.
Olivia Fialho at Faglig-pedagogisk dag
Oct. 26, 2020
On 29 October, Olivia Fialho will present her research on “Transformative reading” at UiO’s Faglig-pedagogisk dag.
- Emotions across cultures and languages - the ways in which literature highlights our feelings across different cultures and languages.
- Cultural and cognitive memory - how literature shapes memories and identities.
- Literature as a lifeworld technology - the role that literary texts and literary reading play in the digital lifeworld.
LCE collaborates internally between the following departments at the University of Oslo:
- Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages
- Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages
- Department of Psychology
Our external network of associated research groups and centres stretches from Europe to the US and Australia.
The Faculty of Humanities promotes five research and education initiatives between 2019 and 2023. The goal is to contribute to solutions for the societal challenges of our day.