Aase Jeanette Kvanneid
I work on contemporary societal changes related to climate, environment, sustainability, and social inequality.
Empirically have focused on the dynamic between the local, and large global and national discourses on modernity, development, resource management and climate change both from North India and from Scandinavia.
Methodologically I am a qualitative social scientist who encourage and happily engage in multi- and transdisciplinary research.
Theoretically I draw upon environmental/climate anthropology and sociology, as well as political ecology.
At UiO I will research if, and how, transcendental values empirically express themselves in environmental movements in North India in the research project TRANSSUSTAIN
- 2020 Course responsibility and lecturer UT 203 Regional Analysis at the Department of Global Development, University of Agder, Norway
- 2020 Course responsibility and lecturer UT 204 Political Ecology at the Department of Global Development, University of Agder, Norway
- 2016 Guest lecturer Course UT-113 (Development, Environment and Social Change) Department of Global Development, University of Agder, Norway.
- 2014-2016 Recurring guest lecturer Course SANT-103 (Materiality: Environment, Place and Economy) Department of Social Anthropology, University of Bergen, Norway.
- 2011-2016 Recurring Internal Examiner on subjects: SANT-100 (Introduction to Social Anthropology), SANT-105 (Power: It’s Articulation and Disguises) SANT-103 (Materiality: Environment, Place and Economy) Department of Social Anthropology, University of Bergen, Norway
- 2014 Course Responsibility and lecturing series GLOB-101 (Global Development), Cross-Disciplinary Course at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Bergen, Norway.
- 2020 Associate Professor (temporarily employee) at the Department of Global Development, University of Agder, Norway
- 2018-2020 Contract Researcher in the section for Cliamte, Environment and Sustainability at NORCE Research Center, Kristiansand.
- 2018 News Journalist at Arendals Tidende
- 2018 Trained as Social Anthropologist (MA, PhD) from the Department of Social Anthropology, University of Bergen, Norway
Read: BOOK CHAPTER
Chapter 5: «Climate Identities» (pdf)
Accepted pre-copy-edit manuscript from chapter five in the book «Climate Change Perceptions from North India: An Ethnographic Account» (Routledge 2021).
Perceptions of Climate Change from North India: An Ethnographic Account. Routledge Advances in Climate Change Research. Routledge (2021)
Kvanneid, Aase Jeanette (2020). Nettverksmøte: Mot en bærekraftig opplevelses- industri på Sørlandet. NORCE Norwegian Research Centre. ISSN 978-82-8408-065-9. Show summary
Guribye, Eugene & Kvanneid, Aase Jeanette (2019). Våre strender – vår velferd. Strandrydding som inkludering og medborgerskap. Norce Samfunnsforskning. ISSN 978-82-8408-001-7.
Mydland, Trond Stalsberg & Kvanneid, Aase Jeanette (2019). Likemannstjeneste i Stavanger. Samarbeid om oppfølging etter institusjonsbehandling for rusavhengighet. . NORCE. ISSN 978-82-8408-007-9.
Frøystad, Kathinka & Kvanneid, Aase Jeanette (2018). Waterworn: Climate Change Resonance in the Shivalik Hills of North India. Universitetet i Bergen. ISSN 978-82-308-3771-9.