Mari Wærner Wesenberg
My main fields of interest are: Spanish language, foreign languages, second language acquisition, linguistics, sociolinguistics, translation studies, English language.
In my PhD project, I will explore in which ways certain types of teacher feedback on written learners' texts affect the interaction between their L1, L2 and L3 (Norwegian, English and Spanish) over time. The PhD project is part of the larger project “MULTIWRITE - Interactions Between First, Second and Third Languages”, and will complement and elaborate on this.
- Master’s degree from the Teacher Education Programme (Lektorprogrammet) with Spanish as my main subject and English as my second subject, University of Oslo (2020)
- Master's thesis in Spanish language: "Weón, ¿cachai cómo se tradujo esta weá? Un estudio sobre la traducción al noruego de la variación lingüística en "El Sueño de la Historia" por Jorge Edwards". Main frameworks: Translation Studies and Sociolinguistics.
- Exchange term at La Universidad de Chile (2017)
- Exchange term at La Universidad de Buenos Aires (2019)
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, University of Oslo (2021)
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Mid Sweden University, Sundsvall (2012)
- Teacher in Spanish and English in various lower and upper secondary schools in Oslo (2020-2022)
- Editor and translator in the bilingual online magazine Ñorsk (now Ulrica) at ILOS, University of Oslo (2019)
- Mentor in academic writing in the project “Veiledning i akademisk skriving for minoritetsspråklige studenter” at the Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo (2019)