Signe Oksefjell Ebeling
Fields of expertise
Modern English grammar, corpus linguistics, corpus development / corpus design, contrastive linguistics, learner language analysis, verb semantics, phraseology.
Research and research-related projects
- Idiomaticity in English and Norwegian: Corpus-based approaches.
- Coordinator of the Norwegian component of the International Comparable Corpus (ICC-NO).
- Norwegian partner in the VESPA project (VESPA-NO).
- Member of the Corpus Linguistics Group, ILOS, University of Oslo.
- Contrastive studies based on the English-Norwegian Parallel Corpus, the Oslo Multilingual Corpus and the English-Norwegian Match Report Corpus.
Member of the following corpus teams:
- The English-Norwegian Parallel Corpus (ENPC)
- Oslo Multilingual Corpus (OMC)
- The British Academic Written English corpus (BAWE)
- The Varieties of English for Specific Purposes dAtabase (VESPA) learner corpus
- International Comparable Corpus (ICC)
- Member of the editorial board for Languages in Contrast (International Journal for Contrastive Linguistics, Benjamins)
- Member of the editorial board for the International Journal of Learner Corpus Research.
- Member of ICAME's executive Board (International Corpus Archive of Modern and Medieval English)
- Member of the board, Norwegian Study Centre in Great Britain, University of York.
- Editor of Languages in Contrast (International Journal for Contrastive Linguistics, Benjamins), 2014-2019.