Zehad Sabry Mohamed Zehad
I am an Arabic Language instructor at University of Oslo (2015) with a Masters on Classic Arabic linguistics ( University of Alexandria 2015): My thesis focus was on the semantics and syntax of Arabic poetry from pre-Islamic times to the Abbasid era critiquing Ibn Jenny’s approach and work). I have studied three semester of Diploma in Teaching Arabic to Non-Native Speakers (University of Alexandria 2010): with a focus on curriculum development, student-centered learning, teaching discourses and approaches, Arabic morphology. My fields of interest are based on the communicative approach in teaching foreign Languages where the students are the center of teaching process. For instance, curriculum development, exams and assessment, task based and content based teaching, classroom activities, learning strategies.
- Authored and defended a thesis on the semantics and syntax of Arabic poetry from pre-Islamic times to the Abbasid era critiquing Ibn Jenny’s approach and work ( M.A, Faculty of Arts 2015)
- Successfully completed three in Fall 2010 with a focus on curriculum development, student-centered learning, teaching discourses and approaches, Arabic morphology.
- B.A., Arabic Language and Literature (University of Alexandria 2007).
- Theater actor ( 2005-2012 Alexandria).
- Acting trainer, author and director ( TAFL center, Alexandria University 2010-2015)
- Language Camp Counselor ( Summer 2012 Minnesota, USA).
- Arabic Language instructor at different American Universities.
- Arabic Language and Content Instructor (Arab American Language Institute in Morocco).
- Educational Materials Developer (American Councils for International Education in Washington D.C.).
- Arabic Language Instructor (University of Texas, Austin,Texas, U.S.A.).
- Visiting Arabic Instructor (Oklahoma University,Norman, Oklahoma, U.S.A.).
- Arabic Instructor and Camp Counselor (Al Waha Summer Camp, Concordia language villages,Minnesota, U.S.A).
- Visiting Fellow( Michigan State University,East Lansing, Michigan, U.S.A.).
- Arabic Language and Content Instructor (Alexandria University, TAFL Center, Alexandria, Egypt).
- Academic coordinator and Arabic instructor( Département de l'enseignement de l'arabe contemporain Alexandria, Egypt).