About the Text Laboratory
At the Text Laboratory, we are working with language technology - with emphasis on both language and technology.
This is what we do:
- Research and development of software and tools for language and text research
- Development of databases and wordlists for many purposes
- Corpora for speech, written languages and bilingual, parallel texts
- Research into language technology and linguistics
- Supervision and courses
- Local, national and international projects. More about our projects.
The Text Laboratory provides technical assistance to MultiLing (Center for Multilingualism in Society across the Lifespan), and professor Janne Bondi Johannessen is in the core group of the center.
The Text Laboratory is a C centre in the european CLARIN infrastructure, read more about CLARINO Text Laboratory Centre.
The Text Laboratory participate in the UiO-hubs for video and maps, see Hub/node-organisering av IT i forskning and the Videohub homepage (both in Norwegian). The Text Laboratory is coordinator for the language research node in Videohub.
- solutions to problems within language technology for researchers, PhD students and MA students at the Faculty of Humanities, University of Oslo
- supervision of master's and PhD projects
- training and courses into the use of corpora, databases and other language technology tools