My research is part of the project Science Fictionality: Pathways to possible presents. I look at imagined "climate-changed" futures in Norwegian and (transnational) Africanfuturist artifacts.
I have a few years behind me as a freelance journalist and still work on media productions (see digital portfolio here). Have worked mostly in development aid-communication, for SAIH, the Norwegian Council for Africa and Norad.
I have lived in and worked with East and southern Africa. Recent productions include a podcast series about transgender people in Zimbabwe for SAIH, and the anthology "Foul Play in The Congo" about the French and Moland case. Regular columnist in Klassekampen and Bistandsaktuelt.
- "The blind spot: everyday racism, whiteness studies, critical race theory and the 'new' anti-racism" (VID University College, October 2020)
- Communicating Africa in Norway for our time" (Nasjonalbiblioteket, October 2020, Norwegian Council for Africa, November 2020)
- PPU | Volda University College, August 2020 - now, Practical Pedagogical Education Part time.
- MSc | University of Oxford, 2016 - 2017 MSc African Studies
- MA | SOAS School of Oriental and African Studies, 2013 - 2014, MA Global Media and Postnational Communication
- BA | University College Maastricht, 2009 - 2013, BA Liberal Arts and Sciences