- History of Knowledge, Book History, Manuscript Cultures
- Witchcraft and Magic, Popular Religion
- History of Medicine, Folk Medicine
- Cultural Encounters
- Tradition, Ritual, Heritage
Ongoing research and cooperation
- Re-Storied Sites and Routes studies how places and routes with a religious or mythical past gain renewed significance. The project is funded by the EEA Financial Mechanism Baltic Research Program in Estonia.
- REA:Life is a interdiciplinary natural and cultural sciences project that retrieves lost medicinal knowledge through historical sources and identifies novel bioactive compounds using the latest methods in pharmacology, immunology and metagenomics. The project is funded by UiO's interdiciplinary initative UiO:Life Science.
- HEI: Heritage Experience Initative is a multi-disciplinary and theoretically informed project with the aim to create deeper insights into what heritage is and what the significance of heritage is today. The project is funded by the research and education initative at the Faculty of Humanties, UiO.
- Stories of Heritage approaches the current pilgrimage revivals in the Nordic countries, studying the heritagisation of religion, the re-storying of landscapes, and environmentalist interpretations of oral traditions.
- 2021: Professor in Cultural History, UiO
- 2015: Associate Professor in Cultural History, UiO
- 2014–2015: Associate Professor, University College Telemark
- 2008–2012: Ph.D Research Fellow in Cultural History, UiO
- 2010: Visiting Fellow, Harvard University
- 2001-2007: Lecturer, folkloristics and cultural history, UiO
- 2000: MA folkloristics, UiO
- 2021– : Head of Teaching, IKOS, UiO
- 2020– : Editorial Board, Tidsskrift for kulturforskning
- 2018– : Member of the National board of Cultural Studies
- 2017– : Chairwoman, Norwegian Society of Culture Studies
- 2017–2020: Head of Section, Cultural History and Museology, IKOS, UiO
- 2015– : Editorial Board, Yearbook for the National Trust of Norway