The mixing suite at the department of musicology is optimised to offer the best of both analogue and digital technology.
The mixing suite is used for lectures, student projects, and research.
While there are no recording rooms directly attached to the mixing suite, it can be tielined to several other rooms in the building, including the department’s recording studio and lecture hall.
The room is equipped with the following:
- Apple MacPro (2014) running Pro Tools HDX and Logic Pro X.
- Solid State Logic AWS 900+ SE 24-channel analogue mixing console and DAW-controller.
- Dynaudio stereo monitoring.
- Genelec surround monitoring.
- AD/DA-converters from Solid State Logic and Lynx.
- Outboard units from Neve, Solid State Logic, Universal Audio, JDK Audio, Bricasti, Lexicon, Thermionic Culture and Tube-Tech.
- Plugins from Waves, Universal Audio, etc..