Student active learning in two-campus organization: SALTO (completed)
The aim of this pedagogical research and development project is to develop effective pedagogical strategies for two-campus learning activites, with a particular emphasis on collaboration, resource sharing, and communication.
Photo: Annica Thomsson
About the project
The SALTO project is based on a study situation where the students are divided into two campuses, a highly relevant issue after the structural reform in the University sector. Our aim is to develop effective pedagogy with activity at both campuses at the same time, and with particular emphasis on interaction, resource sharing and communication. We will adopt established strategies for student-active learning and develop them further in a "cross-campus" context:
- Collaborative learning: Project work, problem-based learning and development projects in groups across campus.
- Flipped classroom: Development of digital learning materials and common methods for in-depth study, discussion and application of subject matter across campus.
The new joint master's program in Music, communication and technology (MCT) between NTNU and University of Oslo, constitutes the framework for the project. The SALTO project will be an open laboratory for cross-campus teaching/learning and will regularly share experiences within internal and external settings.
The project will manage and refine a two-campus learning space for physical-virtual interaction across the web, and allow students and teachers to explore educational, methodological, and technological solutions together.
The project is financed by NTNU and University of Oslo for the period 1.1.2018-31.12.2020.
- (2021) An education spaces framework to define interactive and collaborative practices over the physical-hybrid-virtual continuum. e-LSE -The 17th eLearning and Software for Education Conference . Carol I National Defence University; Bucharest. 2021-04-22 - 2021-04-23.
- (2020) The MCT Portal: an infrastructure, a laboratory and a pedagogical tool. Researchers’ Colloquium on low latency streaming in music learning and teaching . LATIMPE; Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow. 2020-01-16 - 2020-01-17.
- (2020) Learning and teaching in a distributed environment. Infocomm connected 2020 . Avixa; USA. 2020-06-16 - 2020-06-18.
- (2020) Student active learning in a two campus organisation. eLearning and Software for Education. vol. 1.
- (2020) Student active learning in a two campus organisation. International scientific conference on "eLearning and software for education" . eLSE; Bucharest. 2020-04-30 - 2020-05-01.
- (2020) The Notion of Presence in a Telematic Cross-Disciplinary Program for Music,Communication and Technology. Music Technology in Education – Channeling and Challenging Perspectives.
- (2020) Learning and teaching in a distributed environment. AVIXA Higher Education AV Conference . Avixia, ISE, Schoms, Eunis; Amsterdam. 2020-02-11 - 2020-02-11.
- (2020) Learning to Code Through Web Audio: A Team-Based Learning Approach. Journal of The Audio Engineering Society. vol. 68 (10).
- (2019) A case study in learning spaces for physical-virtual two-campus interaction. EUNIS 2019 . European University Information Systems organisation; Trondheim. 2019-06-05 - 2019-06-07.
- (2019) A case study in learning spaces for physical-virtual two-campus interaction. European Journal of Higher Education IT – EJHEIT. vol. 1.
- (2019) Finding general guidelines for redesign of learning spaces. eLearning and Software for Education. vol. 1.
- (2019) Finding general guidelines for redesign of learning spaces. international scientific conference on "eLearning and software for education . eLSE; Bucharest. 2019-04-10 - 2019-04-12.
- (2019) NIME Prototyping in Teams: A Participatory Approach to Teaching Physical Computing. Proceedings of the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression.
- (2019) Facilitating Team-Based Programming Learning with Web Audio. Web Audio Conference . NTNU; Trondheim. 2019-12-04 - 2019-12-06.
- (2019) Facilitating Team-Based Programming Learning with Web Audio. Proceedings of the International Web Audio Conference.
- (2018) Designing New Learning Scenarios For Multi-Campus Large Classes In Mathematics. eLearning and Software for Education. vol. 1.
- (2017) E-learning: Delivering knowledge in digital age. Journal of International Scientific Publications: Educational Alternatives. vol. 15.
- (2017) Framework for a novel two-campus master's programme in music, communication and technology between the University of Oslo and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim. ICERI proceedings.