Ibsen and German film, Modern Disaster Discourses
My research is mainly focused on the intersections between aesthetics and politics, between Ibsen and different socio-political contexts.
Appointments and other projects
Co-editor of Ibsen Studies (2019-)
Ph.D. in Ibsen Studies, University of Oslo (2015–)
Teacher of Comparative Literature, University of Tromsø (2014)
M.A. in Comparative Literature, University of Copenhagen
- Holt, Thor (2020). Stories of “Infidelity”: Nazi Ibsen Adaptations and the Norwegian Press. Ibsen Studies. ISSN 1502-1866. 20(2) . doi: 10.1080/15021866.2020.1825103 Full text in Research Archive.
- Holt, Thor (2015). Ibsen’s Firebrand: The Dead Child and Theodicy in Brand. Ibsen Studies. ISSN 1502-1866. 15(1), s 66- 98 . doi: 10.1080/15021866.2015.1087716
- Holt, Thor (2020). Far from Home: Ibsen through the Camera Lens in the Third Reich. Show summary
- Holt, Thor; Rentschler, Eric & Bolt Rasmussen, Mikkel (2020). Doctoral Defense: Ibsen through the Camera Lens in the Third Reich. Ibsen Studies. ISSN 1502-1866. 20(2), s 220- 248 . doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/15021866.2020.1834737
- Holt, Thor (2016). Ølkjellermennesket: Om Dietrich Eckart. Vagant. ISSN 0802-0736. (3-4), s 51- 57