Associate Professor of Music and Contemporary Media.
- popular music
- music media
- music industry
- mediated experience
- cultural politics
My research focuses on music mediation via new media. The postdoc period was in the research project Clouds & Concerts which investigated key developments in live and recorded music in contemporary music culture. The PhD dealt with cross-media production. Work experience from 2008 to 2012: Senior Adviser at Arts Council Norway, Adviser at the Norwegian Media Authority, Media Analyst in NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation).
Teaching and tutoring
- MUS2531/4531 Musikk og medier
- MUS2325 Musikklivet og musikkbransjen
- MUS2500/4500 Music and copyright
- MEVIT1110 Audiovisual aesthetics
- MA, BA and PhD supervision
Article of the Year Award in European Journal of Communication.