My regular website is: http://bodhisattvac.com
I mainly work on future fictions and science fiction from an STS and history of science perspective. I work on multiple media, including texts, graphic novels, films and tv, video games, and visual arts.
I am Principal Investigator of the European Research Council project "CoFutures" and of the Norwegian Research Council project "Science Fictionality". I also run the Holodeck (the Games Research Lab), which is the University of Oslo's first lab dedicated to research on video games.
Notable awards include the World Fantasy Award (2020), a top award in the field of speculative fiction, the Johannes H Berg Prize (2019), the Foundation Essay Prize (2017), and the Strange Horizons Readers' Poll Award (2014).
The projects I lead currently are:
‣ European Research Council H2020-StG project "CoFutures: Pathways to Possible Presents" (2020-24) (connect)
‣ Norwegian Research Council FRIPRO-YRT Project "Science Fictionality" (2020-24)
My other projects or connected projects are
‣ Lifetimes: A Natural History of the Present (NFR FRIPRO Toppforsk). (Co-I)
‣ The Kalpana: Maps and Prototypes of Science Fictional Presences, an artistic research project on the desert with artists Susanne M. Winterling and Goutam Ghosh (completed).
‣ Climate Fiction and Climate Justice in South Asia, with Joey Eschrich and Vandana Singh, an anthology of original fiction and non-fiction interventions in the field of climate change focusing on South Asia.
‣ I am producer of the documentary film Kalpavigyan: A Speculative Journey, the first documentary on Bangla Kalpavigyan and Indian Science Fiction, directed by Arunava Gangopadhyay and co-scripted by us. The film, released in 2021, has been selected and awarded at numerous film festivals worldwide.
‣ I am co-founder of Theory from the Margins, a research collective based in Oslo which organizes webinars, with over 16000 members and followers worldwide.
‣ I am Series Editor (with Taryne Jade Taylor) for the Routledge Book Series: Studies in Global Genre Fiction.
‣ I served as co-Editor-in-Chief of Fafnir: Nordic Journal of Fiction and Fantasy Research (Finfar, Finland), and as co-editor of the Journal of Science Fiction (MOSF, Washington, DC).
‣ I am a fellow of the Imaginary College, Center for Science and the Imagination, Arizona State University (https://csi.asu.edu/imaginary-college/ ).
I have taught futures and futuring workshops worldwide, and served as a consultant on national and international futures projects. I am also consultant for the Innovations team at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
I have held fellowships and visiting researcher positions at the Center for Advanced Study at the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters (2018-19), at the Evoke Lab/Calit 2 and the Department of Informatics, University of California, Irvine (2015-16), as well as the Science Fiction Foundation, University of Liverpool (2011-12).
Former projects I have been part of include Synchronizing the World (NFR-SAMKUL), Lifetimes of Epidemics (NFR-SAMKUL, as Co-I).