Norwegian Language and Literature Courses for those with a Foreign-Language Perspective
These courses are aimed mainly at these groups:
• International students who have studied Norwegian at the higher level (B2 or C1 level) and wish to improve their Norwegian skills and knowledge.
• Incoming international students who wish to study Norwegian in order to teach Norwegian in their homeland.
• Norwegian students who took Norwegian as a second language in high school, or have other reasons for wanting to further develop their knowledge and skills in Norwegian.
All together are there six subjects, four that focus on the language itself, and two that focus specifically on literature. Each of the courses are 10 credits.
These courses are available each autumn:
- NORINT1110 - Norsk grammatikk i et fremmedspråksperspektiv
- NORINT1111 - Norsk uttale i et fremmedspråksperspektiv
- NORINT1310 - Norsk samtidslitteratur - en innføring for internasjonale studenter
These courses are available in the spring semester (on an irregular basis):
- NORINT2112 - Tekstkompetanse i et fremmedspråksperspektiv
- NORINT2014 - Litteratur og samtid - norsk litteratur fra 1850 til 1980
- NORINT2115 - Dialektar, nynorsk og språkhistorie i eit framandspråksperspektiv
Four of these courses (40 credits) may be taken together as a subject group as a part of a bachelor`s program for international students, but this only applies to certain programs. Please contact your program for further information. When taken as a part of a 40-group, at least three courses must be in the language or applied linguistics category, while the fourth course may be a literature course.
These courses does not provide sufficient preparation for teaching Norwegian in Norwegian schools.
These courses may be combined with courses in other programmes in language, literature or history.
These courses may also be taken as part of a 40-group in a bachelor’s degree for international students in programmes that allow this.
For questions about this area of study, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org