Vilde Schanke Sundet is a researcher at the Department of Media and Communication, UiO. Her research includes the following topics:
- Youth entertainment media
- Global platforms and power
- Streaming across cultural industries
- Digital production cultures
- Online drama and fan cultures
- Public service broadcasting
- Television production and television drama
- Audiences and users
- Media policy processes and media policy field
From 2010-2014, Sundet worked as a member of the Secretary of the Media Grant Committee and as an advisor and senior advisor in media policy at the Norwegian Ministry of Culture.
Global natives? Serving young audiences on global media platforms, investigating "global natives" as a generation with settled and radically different entertainment media habits, and the actions taken by national media producers and policymakers in order to become relevant for a new media generation.
- 2021-: Researcher at IMK, UiO (part of the Global natives project)
- 2019-2021: Researcher at IMK, UiO (part of the STREAM project)
- 2019-2020: Guest researcher at the Institute for Social Research (part of the DISC project)
- 2018-2019: Researcher at the Inland University College (part of the DISC project)
- 2014-2017: Postdoctoral Fellow at the Inland University College (part of the SIFTI project)
- 2012: PhD in media studies, UiO (part of the PaP project).
- 2005-2006: Research assistant at IMK, UiO.
- 2004: Cand.polit. (master) in media studies, UiO.
- Spring 2003: Guest Fellow at the Annenberg Center for Communication, University of Southern California, LA
- Autumn 2017: Visiting Scholar at the School of Communication and Culture, Aarhus Universitet
- Autumn 2021: Visiting Scholar at the Department of Communication, University of Copenhagen
Commission of trust
- 2022- : Deputy Chair of the Broadcasting Council (Kringkastingsrådet)
- 2022- : Vice Chair of ECREA's Media Industries and Cultural Production Section
- 2022- : Editor for the Television Audience and Reception Studies section of the Routledge Resources Online: Screen Studies
- 2021- : ECREA co-editor of Critical Studies in Television (CST)
- 2020- : Advisor for the media festival THIS
- 2017-2022: Member of Council for Applied Media Research (Rådet for anvendt medieforskning)
- 2020: Board member at the Department of Media and Communication, UiO
- 2013-2016: Editorial member of the Norwegian journal of media studies (Norsk medietidsskrift)
Audiences, Creative industries, Entertainment, Fans, Global platforms, Media change, Media policy, Online drama, Public service broadcasting, Streaming, Television, Youth culture