Vilde Schanke Sundet
Vilde Schanke Sundet is a researcher at the Department of Media and Communication, UiO. Her research includes the following topics:
- Youth entertainment media
- Global platforms and power
- Streaming across cultural industries
- Digital production cultures
- Online drama and fan cultures
- Public service broadcasting
- Television production and television drama
- Audiences and users
- Media policy processes and media policy field
From 2010-2014, Sundet worked as a member of the Secretary of the Media Grant Committee and as an advisor and senior advisor in media policy at the Norwegian Ministry of Culture.
Global natives? Serving young audiences on global media platforms, investigating "global natives" as a generation with settled and radically different entertainment media habits, and the actions taken by national media producers and policymakers in order to become relevant for a new media generation.
- 2021-: Researcher at IMK, UiO (part of the Global natives project)
- 2019-2021: Researcher at IMK, UiO (part of the STREAM project)
- 2019-2020: Guest researcher at Institute for Social Research (part of the DISC project)
- 2018-2019: Researcher at the Inland University College (part of the DISC project)
- 2014-2017: Postdoctoral Fellow at the Inland University College (part of the SIFTI project)
- 2012: PhD in media studies, UiO (part of the PaP project).
- 2005-2006: Research assistant at IMK, UiO.
- 2004: Cand.polit. (master) in media studies, UiO.
- Spring 2003: Guest Fellow at the Annenberg Center for Communication, University of Southern California, LA.
- Autumn 2017: Visiting Scholar at the School of Communication and Culture, Aarhus Universitet.
- Høsten 2021: Visiting Scholar at the Department of Communication, University of Copenhagen.
Audiences, Creative industries, Entertainment, Fans, Global platforms, Media change, Media policy, Online drama, Public service broadcasting, Streaming, Television, Youth culture