- early language development
- infant-directed speech
- cognitive development
- early childhood education and care
- open science
- MA in developmental psychology, Department of Psychology, UiO
- BA in psychology, Department of Psychology, UiT
- BA in education, Department of Education, UiO
My PhD project seeks to investigate the relationship between environmental input and direct and indirect measures of language outcomes in a longitudinal sample, following Norwegian infants from 6 to 18 months of age. The project PI is Natalia Kartushina, in collaboration with Julien Mayor and Alejandrina Cristia. Read more about the project here. Open Science Framework project pages with pre-registrations of the various sub-projects will be updated below.
- Native and non-native vowel discrimination in 6-month-old Norwegian infants
- Word comprehension in 9-month-old Norwegian infants
- Voice onset time in Norwegian infant-directed speech over development
I am also involved in the following projects:
- Properties of infant-directed speech and its relation to direct and indirect measures of word comprehension in 8-month-old Norwegian infants (Open Science Framework project page)
- Properties of infant-directed speech and its relation to expressive vocabulary in 18-month-old toddlers in Northern Norway (Open Science Framework project page)
- Perceptual illusions of brightness in infants (Open Science Framework project page TBA)
- Rule learning in infants, a multi-lab replication study under the ManyBabies Consortium (Open Science Framework project page)
- The role of dialectal variability in word learning using a storybook intervention approach (Open Science Framework project page)
- Assessing contextual cues in infants' word comprehension with pupillometry (Open Science Framework project page)
- Tablet based assessment of word comprehension in toddlers (Open Science Framework project page)
Rosslund, Audun (2021). Tablet assessment of word comprehension reveals coarse word representations in 18–20-month-old toddlers.
Rosslund, Audun (2021). Babytalk in Tromsø.