- Phonological acquisition in first and second language
- Early language development
- Second-language production and perception
- Articulatory feedback /phonetic training
2017-2020 Postdoc, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo
2016-2017 Postdoc, Basque Center on Brain, Cognition and Language
2015 PhD in Psychology, University of Geneva
2010 Master in Cognitive Psychology, University of Paris Descartes
2005 Master in Speech Therapy, KSPU
2020 Young Research Talents FRIPRO grant from the Norwegian Research Council. Role of parental speech in early language development, Role - Principle investigator. Co-investigators: J.Mayor and A.Cristia. Funding: NOK 8m
2020 Research grant from the Russian Foundation of Science. Relationship between language development and emotion understanding in preschool-aged children. Role - Principle investigator, Co-investigators: G.Glotova, O.Almazova, A.Beloutskaya, D.Bukhalenkova, M.Simonian, A.Efimenko, M.Simonova. Funding: EUR 200k
2018 Research grant from the University of Oslo. Babytalk in Norway: relationship between parental speech and early word comprehension. Role - Principle investigator. Funding: NOK 80k
2016 Spanish Ministry research grant. What kind of listener are you? A degeneracy approach to speech processing. Role - Co-investigator. (PI – M. Bourguignon). Funding: EUR 34k
2015 Early-postdoc scholarship awarded by Swiss National Foundation. Neural and behavioural plasticity in non-native speech production: An articulatory-feedback training study. Role - Principle investigator. Funding: CHF 100k
Registered Reports in Stage 1
Kartushina, N. & Mayor, J. (accepted pending data collection). Coping with dialects from birth: Role of variability on infants’ early language development. Insights from Norwegian dialects. Developmental Science.
Soderstrom,M. ..., Kartushina, N., Mayor, J. ... (accepted pending data collection). Testing the Relationship Between Preferences for Infant-Directed Speech and Vocabulary Development: A Multi-Lab Study. Journal of Child Language.
- Bukhalenkova, Daria; Gavrilova, Margarita & Kartushina, Natalia (2021). Intuitive Theories of Parenting and the Development of Emotion Understanding in Preschoolers. Education Sciences. ISSN 2227-7102. 11(1) . doi: 10.3390/educsci11010015
- Frank, Michael; Alcock, Katherine; Arias-Trejo, Natalia; Ascherslegen, Gisa; Baldwin, Dare; Barbu, Stephanie; Bergelson, Elika; Bergmann, Christina; Kartushina, Natalia; Mayor, Julien; Trøan, Anna Stigum; Black, Alexis; Blything, Ryan; Böhland, Maximilian; Borovsky, Arielle; Byers-Heinlein, Krista; Cristia, Alejandrina; Durier, Virginie; Fennel, Christopher; Ferry, Alissa; Fikkert, Paula; Floccia, Caroline; Fritzsche, Tom; Gampe, Anja; Judith, Gervain; Gonzalez-Gomez, Nayeli; Havron, Naomi; Höhle, Barbara; Houston, Derek; Ishikawa, Mitsuhiko; Itakura, Shoji; Johnson, Scott; Junge, Caroline; Kellier, Danielle; Kline, Melissa; Kominsky, Jonathan; Lany, Jill; Levelt, Claartje; Lew-Williams, Casey; Liu, Liquan; Mani, Nivedita; Moriguchi, Yusuke; Nazzi, Thierry; Paulus, Markus; Polka, Linda; Saffran, Jenny; Sato, Ayumi; Schreiner, Melanie; Singh, Leher; Sundara, Megha; Twomey, Katherine; Von Holzen, Katie; Waxman, Sandra; Werker, Janet; Yurovsky, Daniel & Soderstrom, Melanie (2020). Quantifying sources of variability in infancy research using the infant-directed speech preference. Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science (AMPPS). ISSN 2515-2459. . doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/2515245919900809 Show summary
- Veraksa, Aleksander; Bukhalenkova, Daria; Kartushina, Natalia & Oshchepkova, Ekaterina (2020). The Relationship between Executive Functions and Language Production in 5–6-Year-Old Children: Insights from Working Memory and Storytelling. Behavioral Sciences. ISSN 2076-328X. 10(2) . doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/bs10020052 Full text in Research Archive.
- Kartushina, Natalia & Martin, Clara D. (2019). Talker and Acoustic Variability in Learning to Produce Nonnative Sounds: Evidence from Articulatory Training. Language Learning. ISSN 0023-8333. 69(1), s 71- 105 . doi: 10.1111/lang.12315
- Kartushina, Natalia & Martin, Clara D. (2019). Third-language learning affects bilinguals’ production in both their native languages: A longitudinal study of dynamic changes in L1, L2 and L3 vowel production. Journal of Phonetics. ISSN 0095-4470. 77 . doi: 10.1016/j.wocn.2019.100920 Full text in Research Archive.
- Kartushina, Natalia & Mayor, Julien (2019). Word knowledge in six- to nine-month-old Norwegian infants? Not without additional frequency cues. Royal Society Open Science. ISSN 2054-5703. 6(9) . doi: 10.1098/rsos.180711 Full text in Research Archive.
- Pourquié, Marie; Lacroix, Hugues & Kartushina, Natalia (2019). Investigating vulnerabilities in grammatical processing of bilinguals: Insights from Basque-Spanish adults and children. Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism. ISSN 1879-9264. 9(4-5), s 600- 627 . doi: 10.1075/lab.17035.pou
- Veraksa, Aleksander; Ochepkova, Ekaterina; Bukhalenkova, Daria & Kartushina, Natalia (2019). Relationship between executive functions and speech production in senior preschool children: working memory and storytelling. Clinical Psychology and Special Education. ISSN 2304-0394. 8(3), s 56- 84 . doi: https://doi.org/10.17759/cpse.2019080304
- Kartushina, Natalia (2017). Interactions between native and non-native vowels in French-Danish contact: production training study, In Romance-Germanic Bilingual Phonology. Equinox Publishing. ISBN 9781781792827. Chapter 8. s 137 - 156
- Kartushina, Natalia; Frauenfelder, Ulrich Hans & Golestani, Narly (2016). How and When Does the Second Language Influence the Production of Native Speech Sounds: A Literature Review. Language Learning. ISSN 0023-8333. 66(S2), s 155- 186 . doi: 10.1111/lang.12187
- Kartushina, Natalia; Hervais-Adelman, Alexis; Frauenfelder, Ulrich Hans & Golestani, Narly (2016). Mutual influences between native and non-native vowels in production: Evidence from short-term visual articulatory feedback training. Journal of Phonetics. ISSN 0095-4470. 57, s 21- 39 . doi: 10.1016/j.wocn.2016.05.001
- Kartushina, Natalia; Hervais-Adelman, Alexis; Frauenfelder, Ulrich Hans & Golestani, Narly (2015). The effect of phonetic production training with visual feedback on the perception and production of foreign speech sounds. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. ISSN 0001-4966. 138(2), s 817- 832 . doi: 10.1121/1.4926561
- Kartushina, Natalia & Frauenfelder, Ulrich Hans (2014). On the effects of L2 perception and of individual differences in L1 production on L2 pronunciation. Frontiers in Psychology. ISSN 1664-1078. . doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2014.01246
- Kartushina, Natalia & Frauenfelder, Ulrich Hans (2013). On the role of L1 speech production in L2 perception: Evidence from Spanish learners of French, In Frédéric Bimbot; Christophe Cerisara; C. Fougeron; Guillaume Gravier; L. Lamel; François Pellegrino & P. Perrier (ed.), Proceedings of the 14th Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association (INTERSPEECH 2013): Speech in Life Sciences and Human Societies. Curran Associates, Inc.. ISBN 9781629934433. 16. s 2117 - 2122