The Centre for Islamic and Middle East Studies is an interdisciplinary research centre that aims to promote understanding of key developments within the Middle East and the Islamic world through a range of academic approaches.
What is the role of journalists in the social and political polarization that has followed the Arab uprisings?
Democracy, political Islam and violence. How do these aspects relate to the realities of everyday life in the post-revolutionary Arab world?
GreenMENA studies the human and social factors in energy transition in the Middle East and North Africa. Which factors influence ordinary people’s perceptions of, and support for, a green shift in the MENA region?
The goal of the repository is to provide controlled access to source material in response to the growing scholarly interest in jihadism and militant islamism. The project is a collaboration between the University of Oslo and the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI).
The role of kinship groups in the sociopolitical organization of insurgent proto-states.
- Blogging from Egypt: Digital Literature, 2005-2016 Feb. 1, 2019 2:57 PM
- Comics in Contemporary Arab Culture: Politics, Language and Resistance Nov. 27, 2018 1:11 PM
- The Steppe Tradition in International Relations: Russians, Turks and European State Building 4000 BCE–2017 CE Nov. 12, 2018 8:19 AM
- State of Translation: Turkey in Interlingual Relations Nov. 12, 2018 8:05 AM
- Preserving Kurdish Autonomy Feb. 11, 2019 10:32 PM
- (Video Podcast): Classical Wahhabism and Its Modern Revival Oct. 19, 2018 12:40 PM